Voices of Equity - IURN Educational Research Conference
The Inter-University Research Network is pleased to announce its spring educational research conference.
The conferences theme - Voices of Equity – reflects our interest in exploring how research and evaluation can mobilize new conversations about equity in education and lead to concrete changes in policy and practice.
Who should attend?
The conference is designed for a diverse audience: teachers, educational leaders, university faculty and students, and education partners.
Presentations will focus on one of four streams:
- mental health and well-being,
- closing the achievement gap,
- inclusive education, and
- community and culture.
Our aim is to have all sessions focus on connections between research and practice. There will also be numerous opportunities for networking and whole group learning through several plenary panels and presentations.
When and where is the conference being held?
The conference begins at noon on Friday May 22 and concludes at 4 p.m. on Saturday May 23, 2020. It will be held at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Is there a cost to attend the conference?
- The fee to register for the conference is $100.00. This price is inclusive of meals, nutrition breaks and a reception on Friday night.
- Charge for a single room accommodation for Friday May 22 is $100.00, bringing the total cost of attending the conference to $200.00 for anyone wishing to stay the night.
How can I present at the conference?
- We welcome proposals from IURN grant recipients and the wider Nova Scotian education research community, including teacher-researchers, graduate students, community-based researchers, and university faculty.
- We will accept proposals until February 28, 2020.
- If you are interested in presenting at the conference, please submit a proposal here.